I always find myself asking this question “What define a good developer?” I ’ve asked many people and the answers vary, they ’re all correct in certain aspects
Good programmer is someone who has a solid knowledge of the “how-to” both in theory and in practices. Understanding customer requirements clearly and having a vision to fulfill it through dedication and execution !
Good programmer is one who has in depth knowledge of one particular major and wide understanding of many thing else
Algorithm (actually this was my definition)
But I think I find the answer now, it is
The single most important trait of a professional programmer is personal responsibility. Professional programmers take responsibility for their career, their estimates, their schedule commitments, their mistakes, and their work- manship. A professional programmer does not pass that responsibility off on others.
- If you are a professional, then you are responsible for your own career
- Professionals take responsibility for the code they write
- Professionals are team players
- Professionals do not tolerate big bug lists
- Professionals do not make a mess
In fact, if we want to be successful, we need to be responsible for our work and our life.
- “The Professional Programmer” in the book 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts
Updated at 2020-10-16 18:01:04